Monday 16 February 2015

The Phoenix Doth Rise!

Ok! So last time, a brief intro, I felt pretty shit about a few things (see here....), then the next day, things made a quick turn around, mum likes my Scentsy stuff and has put an order in, and have since felt very positive (see here.....)!

So since Thursday (my last post!), life has been pretty hectic! I rearranged my party for the Saturday, so spent the Friday baking a truck load of cake and cupcakes (Brooklyn Blackout cakes as recreated by Hummingbird High and some banana cupcakes with dark chocolate ganache). By some work of a miracle, I have hardly touched any of this stuff (emphasis on hardly....) but to blow my own trumpet, they were a bit tasty..... Hehe :-p I was pretty much, to put it nicely, patting my shanties about the party, after the dismal flops that had happened thrice previously..... I was up until 1am Saturday morning, baking.... My aunt had rung the night before to say she wasn't going to be able to make it again, as she'd had so much to deal with, which she had! But still, to say the least, I was quite stressed and feeling very doubtful!

Then we come to Saturday, some how, I was up at 8ish, trying to get all final prep done in terms of a bit of housework, etc (after copious amounts of coffee....). All morning I was feeling pretty crap really, I didn't know who was definitely coming, I still hadn't had a great deal of responses from anyone on Facebook, and my phone was still at my parent's house. Thankfully, mum rang that morning so agreed to bring my phone round before they went food shopping, yet still didn't get many definitive answers from anyone! But then my day started getting better and better, or comparatively so! My aunt rang and confirmed her attendance after all! She arrived early to help me finish set up and to also keep Sprog in check, I managed to whip round the shop to pick up extra things for icing the cakes, then guests began arriving! Three of my neighbours were first (of course!), then about 45 minutes later, one of my mum's friends arrived! I honestly wasn't expecting her! Then about half an hour later still, my best guy mate and his girlfriend turned up! So so happy!

[Shameless plug of my business here!]

I know I can always count on this mate, he's been there during some really hard times when others have been really shit! Especially on my birthdays! Remember when he took Sprog and me shopping for party food??

Saturday night was fabulous! I then also had another friend visit after Sprog had gone to bed, we spent the evening drinking our usual tipple- a brew! Watching Burke & Hare, smelling Scentsy, and then doing our nails! x'D love it!

 Yes..... That is pink and glittery.... I am not ashamed!!!!

Sunday was spent practically in recumbency..... What?? I deserved it!!!! Hehe 

All in all, since the party, I have ended up accumulating £250 worth of orders, and still counting!!! I'm so excited :') hehe

Today, Sprog went back to nursery after a long time spent away with conjunctivitis (eurgh!), loved spending all that time with her though! And then after mum and I picked her up from nursery in town, we went to view a new nursery which is just over the road from me! And instantly I decided I'm going to start sending her there! :)

My finale piece of excitement today was when I found a really old DVD of my school show in year 10! And it works in my laptop!!! So excited :') Is it a bit sad I'm watching it right now.....? x'D love it haha I played Audrey.... We did Little Shop of Horrors :') 

My next mission is to find out how to rip the disk so I can keep it safe on my hard drive, and share with anyone who cares to see it x'D 

Getting right in to this blogging malarkey now, all thanks to Vicky! =D thanks love =D also joined a blog hop thanks to her ^_^ 

Nighty night xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment